Notification of class cancellation
- The Rhode Island College website (www.ric.edu) will feature an announcement on the home page.
- The message will be carried on the college’s recorded telephone announcement that may be accessed by calling (401) 456-9500.
Normally, the college website and the recorded telephone announcement will provide the most timely information on class cancellations.
Other sources of information:
- Local radio and television stations will broadcast cancellation announcements through the Rhode Island Broadcasters Association consortium. These announcements may be accessed directly from most major television and AM and FM radio stations in the area. Many broadcasters also post cancellation announcements on their websites.
- The announcement will also be carried on the college’s official institutional Facebook page.
- A campus-wide email notification will be sent to all faculty and staff as well as to the college email addresses of all students registered for that semester.
- A campus-wide voice mail will be sent to every voice mailbox throughout the campus system.
- A text message will be sent through RICalert (the Rhode Island College Emergency Notification System). RICalert text messages are sent to all cellphones and PDAs registered in the system. Students, faculty and staff may register for this service through RIConnect.
- Anchor TV and RIC radio station WXIN will be notified by email.