World Languages Education M.A.T.
- A completed application form accompanied by a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records.
- A minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale in undergraduate coursework.
- An official report of scores on the appropriate Praxis II Content Knowledge Test and/or OPI, with a minimum score as established by the Department of Educational Studies.
- Two Disposition Reference Forms: one from a faculty or supervisor of a child/youth-related activity, and one from a work supervisor.
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a faculty or supervisor of a child/youth-related activity, and one from a work supervisor.
- A Statement of Educational Philosophy.
- A current résumé.
- An interview with an advisor in the M.A.T. program.
- A plan of study approved by the advisor and appropriate dean.
|CEP 552||Psychological Perspectives on Learning and Teaching|
| Fall, Summer.
|FNED 546||Contexts of Schooling|
Professional Education Component
|CURR 410||Teaching World Languages in Elementary Education|
|Spring as needed.
|SED 506||Survey of Instructional Design|
| Fall, Summer.
|SED 511||Content and Pedagogy in Secondary Education|
|SED 512||Field Practicum in Secondary Education|
|SED 521||Student Teaching in Secondary Schools|
| Fall, Spring.
|SED 522||Student Teaching Seminar in Secondary Education|
|SPED 531||Overview of Special Education: Policies/Practices|
|Fall, Spring, Summer.
The capstone experience is incorporated into SED 522 (Student Teaching Seminar). 0 credit hours.
Choose Concentration A or B
A. Pedagogy Concentration (Not currently accepting applications)
|FNED 547||Introduction to Classroom Research|
|INST 516||Integrating Technology into Instruction|
B. French, Portuguese and Spanish Concentrations
FIFTEEN CREDIT HOURS OF COURSES at the graduate level in the academic field in which certification is sought. Students should contact the department that provides course work in the anticipated area of certification.
Note: To be admitted to SED 511
students must submit passing scores on the Praxis II: Principles of Learning and Teaching 7-12, Test #5624.
Note: To be admitted into SED 521
and SED 522
students must have completed all other required courses.