Nursing Care Management C.G.S.
The Nursing Care Management Certificate of Graduate Studies (C.G.S.) is designed to meet a rapidly emerging need in health care, that of preparing nurses for nurse care/case manager positions across health care settings. The C.G.S. is a certificate program consisting of a minimum of 15 hours.
A completed application accompanied by a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- A baccalaureate degree major from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records. Applicants with international degrees must have their transcripts evaluated for degree and grade equivalency to that of a regionally accredited institution in the United States.
- Completion of a course in statistics (MATH 240 or its equivalent), with a minimum grade of C.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale in undergraduate course work.
- An official report of scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) from international applicants who are from countries where English is not the first language.
- Current unrestricted licensure for the practice of nursing in Rhode Island.
- A professional résumé.
- Three professional references (at least one from the clinical area).
- A brief letter of intent, which includes a statement of goals.
- Proof of residency is required for in-state tuition.
- An interview may be required.
- Upon acceptance, a passport photo will be required.
|HPE 507||Epidemiology and Biostatistics|
|NURS 502/HCA 502||Health Care Systems|
| Fall, Spring.
|NURS 503||Professional Role Development|
| Spring, Summer.
|NURS 508||Public Health Science|
|NURS 518||Nursing Care/Case Management|
Total Credit Hours: 15